This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
During baking, Oreos are used as an alternative for chocolate wafers. Depending on what you are baking, you might need to have the Oreos crushed into a fine or coarse texture. However, there are different kitchen tools to use for grinding Oreos.
But a food processor is the best kitchen tool to use. It will be replacing the use of a plastic bag and rolling pin. With the food processor, you won’t have to use your strength to have the Oreos crushed.
Instead, you will rest assured and be less stressed while using the food processor. Although you can just buy any food processor, you need to purchase the best of the best processor.
If you’re in a hurry to just grab the best food processors for Oreos, we strongly recommend the food processors below, they are most efficient based on several criteria we considered.
- Vitamix 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment with SELF-DETECT – Check Price
- Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor – Check Price
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper – Check Price
What are the factors to consider when buying a food processor for Oreos
A food processor is one important kitchen appliance you should have in your kitchen. As you can see, it is the best option to crush Oreos for your dessert.
If you don’t have a food processor, you should purchase one. But before purchasing, you should look out for some things to ensure you are buying the best. Below are the factors to consider.
The capacity of the bowl is part of what you should look out for. But this would depend on the size of your family and how much you cook.
If you often cook large meals, you should go for a bowl capacity of 10 to 14 which is usually sufficient. Since you’d be using the food processor to crush Oreos, you can get the one that can handle 10 cups.
You should look out for the speed controls of the food processor. Though you are purchasing it to crush your Oreos, you’d still use the processor for other things. For instance, if you want to make dough for any dessert, you can mix it with a food processor.
But you’d need more speed control aside from the three controls in the majority of processors. Most food processors usually have three controls- on, off, and pulse.
We have talked about the bowl capacity. But do you know that the motor power will determine if the amount of food in the processor’s bowl will ground? The number of watts (power) of the motor is the strength of the food processor.
If it’s low, the processor will stop frequently in between the grinding cycle. But If it’s high, it will grind whatever you have grind easily and produce an adequate texture. A food processor motor should have at least 800 to 1000 (if not more) watts of power.
The newly made food processors (mainly the high-quality) have a lid with a filling tube at the top to add food for slicing, chopping or mixing.
The filling tube enables the addition of different food items in an upright position for the rotating blades to blend.
There’s also a tool or tube for adding liquids like oils, water, and so on into the blending or kneading mixture. So, you should watch out for these mechanisms in the food processor you want to buy. It might be expensive, but it’s worth it.
A food processor is just like an advanced blender, so it has different blades for different textures or consistency. The blades should be very sharp enough to mix liquids, hard mixture, chop, slice, blend, and so on.
It shouldn’t be quick to get blunt. The blade should be able to give you three different textures which are coarse, medium, and fine according to your need.
The food processor you are purchasing should be easy to use, not complicated. It should be easy to attach or detach and not make you spend hours doing that. However, this cannot be known until the food processor is bought and used.
But you can know about it by reading the reviews from others that have the food processor. If you are buying the processor from the mall, you can browse the name on the Internet to read the reviews. With that, you’d be rest assured that you are getting a processor that is easy to use.
Some food processor editions have additional features of blades or speed controls that are beyond the single speed. More blades are added for a different texture, likewise adjustments for sizes.
All these are useful in terms of cutting or slicing veggies and so on. There are also additional bowls of different sizes for other purposes. So, you can look out for that for you to enjoy using the food processor.
Maintenance is another thing you should consider. While looking at the easy usage of the food processor, look at the maintenance factors. Is it easy to clean? Can I store it on my countertop? Can I detach and attach it after use?
You should remember all the questions and the food processor should be able to give you a positive answer.
When you buy a food processor that can be easily maintained, you’d be able to enjoy using it for a long period for different uses.
You should also lookout for the warranty. The food processor should have at least a year or 2 warranty. So, if the food processor develops any fault, you’d be able to return it to the brand for replacement, refund, or repair.
- Best Food Processor for Dough ( 2022 Detailed Review)
- 3 Best Food Processor For Macarons (2022 Detailed Review)
Best Food Processor for Oreos – Reviews
Having known the factors to consider when buying a food processor, you should be able to purchase the best food processor. However, I’d recommend a few that I’m familiar with below to ease the stress of searching different stores.
1. Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
Do you need a strong food processor to crush your Oreos for baking? This particular food processor should be bought.
Not only does it work effectively, but it also has a beautiful and simple outlook. The Hamilton food processor is first on my list because it matches everything that was listed in the factors above.
Plus, this brand is known for its hard work. However, you can only know the capacity of this processor by reading through its features.
- Bowl capacity- Looking at the factors, you’d see I mentioned the bowl capacity. This food processor has 2 bowl capacities which are 8 and 10 cups. As aforementioned, since you’d be using the processor to crush Oreos, you can purchase a processor that can handle 10 cups. So, this food processor meets the first requirement.
- Big feeding tube- The important use of the feeding tube is indicated in the factors to consider above. Luckily, this food processor is part of those high-quality processors that have a feeding tube to add food ingredients into the bowl for the rotating blades to blend.
- Food and vegetable chopper- An additional blade feature was added to this food processor’s package. The blade is stainless steel to chop, purée, and mix. Also, a reversible disc to shred and slice was added.
- Quick- This food processor is super fast and it makes work easier. With this kind of processor, you’d spend less time in the kitchen. Plus, if you need your Oreos to be crushed as fast as possible, this processor is ready to help you out.
- Power- The Hamilton food processor features 2 speeds and a pulse. The speeds are high and low depending on what you want. Then, the food processor has about 440 watts of power.
- Maintenance- Told you how important the maintenance of the food processor is. Luckily for you, this processor is so easy to clean and maintain.
- Accessible Safety features.
- Quick and makes work easy.
- Large feeding tube with two-speed controls and a pulse.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Makes a lot of noise.
2. Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
Just like the brand’s name, this food processor can perform any task (in terms of mixing, blending, etc) like a ninja. It has almost all the factors that I listed above.
Just to tell you how strong this processor is. You can never be worried or either regret buying this processor for crushing your Oreos. You can find out its features below.
- Versatile functions- This processor has 4 auto-iQ smart preset programs to make blending easier with 3 different speeds such as high, low, and pulse. You can crush your Oreos, make sauces, cake, or pizza dough by pressing any of the buttons on the processor.
- Processing capacity- From the factors, you’d see that the bowl capacity was number one because it is important. However, this food processor matches the capacity you’d need for crushing your Oreos and doing other food prepping. It has a bowl capacity of 9 cups (72 0z). So, regardless of the number of ingredients you want to blend, the processor is capable.
- Easy to clean- Cleaning this processor was made easy. Plus, all the parts of this appliance are BPA-free and dishwasher safe. For quick cleans, simply pulse some warm water and 1 to 2 small drops of dish soap to quickly clean the bowl and blades.
- Easy to assemble- You can easily assemble this food processor when it is unpacked from its package. Likewise, after washing the processor Bowl.
- Additional features- The food processor has a motor power of 1000-Peak-Watt. Also, it has a feed chute lid and pusher, quad chopping blade, dough blade, reversible slicing, and shredding disc.
- Precise Chopping and smooth pureeing.
- Powerful motor for easy and fast food prepping.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- 4 intelligent preset auto-iQ programs.
- 9 cups bowl capacity.
- The unit, when disassembled, does not nest into itself very well.
3. Vitamix 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment with SELF-DETECT
Another food processor you can purchase is Vitamix. This food processor is really helpful if you are making a commercial meal.
This is because the bowl capacity is big enough and more than enough. When you buy this food processor, I can assure you of a quick blending cycle to make you spend less time in the kitchen.
Plus, you’d have a fine texture when you crush your Oreos with it. Below are the features of this food processor.
- Bowl capacity- The emphasis on the capacity of the bowl has been made in all recommended processors, likewise this Vitamix processor. Amongst all, this food processor has the highest bowl capacity for a high amount of ingredients to be ground. It can handle 12 cups of any ingredient which is enough for cooking commercial meals.
- Easy assemble- After unpacking this food processor, you can easily assemble it to get it ready for use. Also, it can be easily detached for cleaning and storing.
- Feeding tube‐ Told you how helpful this food processor is above. It is different from other food processors. It has 2 feeding tubes- one large and one small. So, whichever that is convenient for you to use can be utilized.
- Additional features- To make everything easier, it has additional features in the package. Those features are 1 “S” multi-purpose blade, 2 reversible slice/shred discs, a disc storage case, and 1 owner’s manual.
- Convenient storage after use.
- A large bowl capacity of 12 cups.
- Self-detect wireless safety system.
- BPA-Free and dishwasher safe.
- Easy to detach and attach.
- Easy to use and clean.
- No motor base.
Conclusion – Best Food Processor for Oreos
A food processor is a must-have in your kitchen. It is one appliance that can do a lot of tasks, including crushing Oreos for baking. So, the factors to help you purchase the best processor were listed in the blog post.
Likewise, a few food processors were recommended to ease the stress of searching the store or Internet. All the processors are affordable, so just click on the link to check the price. Good luck.